If you want to sushi and you don’t want to go out or the roll sushi, you can simply make a Sushi Salad in the comfort of your home. It’s pretty easy. You can easily get the ingredients for a Sushi Salad in your local market.
I make it sometimes out of regular rue even. If you can get nori/seaweed around you, that can work with it too. I heard Rice paper is also used. It’s not 100% same flavor but it gets there. For a Sushi Salad, you can use whatever you have on hand. This is a simple recipe on how I make it.
- If you only have regular rice, then follow the regular recipe for rice but add more water. You want it to be stickier then your normal rice.
- Then take regular white vinegar and add sugar. Use that instead of rice vinegar.
- Don’t put anything in the rice by the way. No oil or salt. zilch.
- Once it’s cooked, you pour in the vinegar/sugar solution.
- Wait for it to cool down and put it in a bowl.
- Add your favorite toppings – I like salmon, avocado, cucumber, beets or carrots even I’m sure zucchini could be great. I’ve even added kale
- Then for the sauce I make spicy mayo – mayonnaise with a lot of Siracha and some soy sauce – add some paprika if you like it gives nice flakes
- You then pour that into the bowl with the toppings and rice and mix – slowly put more sauce so you’ll see how much you like
How do you you make yours? Let me know in the comment section.